Mission, Vision and Values
The Mattawa Hospital provides progressive, high quality, faith-based health care services that are responsive to the needs of our bilingual community.
The Mattawa Hospital will be recognized as the leading health care resource through innovation, partnerships and education, inspired by our founders’ Catholic Values.
- Our ability to be a leading partner in system integration to insure access to quality healthy services for our community.
Sacredness of Life
- Our commitment to spirituality and the health of the whole person.
- All persons are deserving of dignity and access to the highest quality of service we are able to provide.
- At all times, we remember we are here to serve, to provide care and support those in their time of greatest need.
- Our commitment to social justice, trust, fairness and ethical behaviour.
Driving Performance Improvement and Innovation
- Our community deserves the best in safe, effective health care delivery and efficient use of resources that have been put in our trust. We strive to excel in all that we do and be “the best”.
Live the Values and Mission of Our Catholic Heritage
- Our heritage and mission of service is a calling that inspires us to be compassionate, loving and dedicated to those most in need.
Substantially Contributing to System Integration Through Effective Partnerships
- Effective and appropriate health care requires access to a vast range of specialized services, many of which are beyond the scope of the small community hospital. W e strive to ensure access to required services for our patients through effective partnerships and linkages.
Supporting a Safe and Healthy Work Environment
- We will foster a healthy workplace for our staff that encourages team work, continuous quality improvement, safety and respect.
Promoting a Culture of Continuous Learning
We will fund and promote staff education, encourage opportunity to train health professionals and seek opportunity to participate in applied research.